- 2013 Launchpad Wild Card Information
Launchpad, now in its ninth year, is one of the fastest growing and exciting new WSMA programs offered to high school students. It encourages students to create and perform music and connects with the school music program by applying in their own way what they have learned.
This year Broadjam will continue an online voting process to select a wild card group that will be added to the Launchpad state finals competition. Groups will have the opportunity to share their music with a worldwide audience as well as receive feedback to assist in improving their musical abilities. This opportunity truly puts Launchpad into the world spotlight as an educationally based music performance opportunity.
Here’s how it works:
- Each group that applies to Launchpad will choose and submit one song for this online contest sponsored by Broadjam.
- All groups that apply to Launchpad are eligible for the wild card spot at finals whether they are selected for a regional competition or not.
- The Wild card contest will close May 12, 2013 at midnight (CDT). The announcement of the wild card band invited to perform at the finals competition will be announced on Tuesday, May 14, 2013.
- Members of Broadjam (a web community dedicated to both independent musicians and fans of independent music) will be able to review song submissions using the online platform.
- One song from each of three different groups will be cued up in the contest. The songs selected will be completely at random and the reviewer will not know the names of the groups.
- Reviewers will be required to listen to at least one minute of each song before ranking.
- Reviewers will rank each of the three songs as good, better or best.
- Reviewers can log on and participate as many times as they wish. The chance of hearing the same group of three songs is highly unlikely.
- The final tally will determine the winner of the wild card spot. The group’s song that receives the highest ranking will be invited to perform as part of the state finals competition held in Madison on June 8, 2013.
- In the case of a tie, the group that applied first will be selected. If the wild card group selected has already qualified to perform at state through the regional competitions, then the next highest ranked group will be invited to perform as the wild card winner.
- All groups that apply receive free web hosting for one year and a Primo MoB membership from Broadjam.com.